Place Your Bets and Spin the Wheel of Fortune
Roulette is an exciting game of luck and chance played by millions of people worldwide. The game originated in France during the 17th century and has since evolved to be a casino favorite due to its unpredictability and easy to understand rules. No strategy has ever been conceived that can guarantee long-term success at the mercy of the roulette wheel. This is appealing to those new to the game because novices have as much chance of winning as experienced players. The basic rules of the game are very simple. The player places a wager on a number or a group of numbers within the betting area of the roulette table. The croupier (game controller) spins the wheel and if you can guess the correct outcome, YOU WIN!
Taking the game online gives you the ability to play at your own pace. It also gives you the opportunity to play the game for free before risking money. There are many casinos online that offer guest or demo play for free. You will also find more variety of roulette games online and many will allow you to place minimum bets of less than €1. Land-based casinos, on the other hand, will only offer €5, €10, or more minimum bet options and you are unlikely to get the kind of bonuses and game incentives you can expect to receive playing over the internet.
How to Choose the Best Online Casino for Roulette
This may seem like an obvious statement, but what might be considered the best online roulette casino for a typical player may not be the best option for you. It very much comes down to your motivation for playing. If it’s an authentic roulette game that you want, consider playing live roulette casino with a real live dealer using video streaming technology. Choosing the right table will be the most important factor for anyone focused on winning real money as not all variations of the game pay equally. Whatever your reasons for wanting to play, there are some practical issues all players should consider when selecting the best online casino for roulette. Paying attention to some simple rules will ensure you get the best and the safest experience. Here are a few key questions to consider when selecting an online casino:
1. Is the casino legally licensed? There are many gaming authorities and they are not all the same. Some of the more respected authorities such as the UK Gambling Commission, Maltese Gaming Authority (MGA), and the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) work hard to ensure safety and security within the industry.
2. Who supplies the software? Look for casinos that use one of the more established software suppliers such as Microgaming, Playtech, and NetEnt. These companies have been around for a while and offer robust security, fairness in payout percentages using tested random number generators, and securely encrypted payment solutions.
3. Does the casino publish audited payout percentages? Many of the top operators will be members of eCOGRA which is an international regulatory authority monitoring fair gaming issues, player protection, and responsible conduct policies. Operators must provide a link to audited payout reports in order to be a member.
4. What are the customer service options available? A reputable casino will provide 24/7 support for its customers via email, instant chat, and toll-free telephone numbers as standard. Quality of support will vary between casinos and it is always a good idea to do some fact finding first to ensure peace of mind that assistance will be available if and when needed.
It is important to consider your options carefully when choosing the casino that is right for you. If you don’t have the time to research the many options available on the internet, then you need to look no further than this website. We have researched some of the best online casinos for roulette which meet the high standard as described above.
What are the best Winning Strategies and Playing Tips?
There have been a number of systems developed over the years aimed at beating the house odds. A few of the more popular ones you may have heard of include the ‘The Martingale System’ and ‘the James Bond Roulette Strategy’.
The Martingale System works by doubling up on each losing 50/50 bet. For example, you bet €1 on red and if you lose, your next bet would be €2, then €4, then €8, and so on until you win. When you do eventually win, you will get your entire stake returned plus €1. The problem with this system is that a rare series of numbers can bust your bank roll if the house limitation doesn’t call a halt to your strategy first.
The James Bond Roulette Strategy involves betting a total stake of €200, €140 placed on high numbers (19-36), €50 on low numbers (1-18) and €10 on zero. The idea is that by spreading your bets in this way you increase the probability of winning. We will let you do the maths on this one.
Be careful of the claims you might come across on the internet as no system has been proven to work in the long-term. Better advice would be concentrate on the things you can do to reduce the house advantage. Here are a few tips that will help you do just that:
1. Practice the game and understand the rules.
2. French rules on a European table produce the lowest house advantage and best odds. European Roulette (2.7%), American Roulette (5.3%).
3. If you do play American Roulette avoid the top line numbers (AKA the basket bet) of 0,00,1,2,3 or any five number bets as the house odds will be against you.
4. Keep to inside bets (close to 50/50) such as Black/Red, Odds/Evens, High/Low.
5. Bet only what you can afford to lose.
6. Withdraw profits gained to foster a winning situation.
Feel the Thrill of Live Roulette Casino in its Many Variations
Try not to get confused by the different variations of Roulette available. The important thing to remember is that there are only really two different types of game. American Roulette and European (or French) Roulette. The game of roulette was altered slightly when it arrived on American shores to provide the house with a bigger advantage. Consequently, an extra 00 was added to the wheel for a total of 38 pockets instead of the European 36. Table layouts vary slightly between American, European, and French tables and the only other difference is in the betting rules. A player either wins or loses when the ball lands on 0 when playing European Roulette. The American rule states that all outside bets (50/50) are lost. French Roulette rules provide a player with the best house odds because the bet is returned in half.
The best online casinos for roulette will provide alternative ways of playing. Once you have settled on the type of roulette you would prefer to play, you will have the option of playing software generated online casino roulette using a random number generators or live casino roulette. Playing live roulette online will stream real games with a genuine casino croupier. You can also play live roulette on your mobile device with some of the more established casinos. Whatever your preference, roulette is always a fast moving game with plenty of action and drama not to be missed.